n dedicated to creating opportunities for youth to practice yoga and relaxation in schools, community facilities, hospitals and detention centers.
The Y.O.G.A. for Youth curriculum translates ancient scientific yogic tools into a language youth can understand and apply to daily life. Unique programs have been designed to combat a myriad of issues that plague our youth today including stress, anger, depression, anxiety, low self-esteem, poor concentration and obesity.
Y.O.G.A. for Youth:
* Trains existing yoga instructors in the YFY curriculum and matches them with facilities
* Trains teachers and other authorities working with youth on ways to apply yogic techniques
* Identifies institutions in need of yoga and manages the implementation of YFY programming
* Funds research and studies on the effects of yoga on youth populations
* Produces supplimental teaching tools for YFY teachers and students